This time of year just gets me in the mood for baking, so when I saw this recipe for Chocolate Chip Popcorn Pretzel cookies in the newspaper I just had to give it a try! These cookies were a big hit with my kids, and I liked them so much it was hard not to eat them all before they got home from school.
As I’ve mentioned before, I tweak all my recipes so they are dairy free for my son, but these are the standard version with all their buttery goodness. You can also find my Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Popcorn Pretzel Cookies.
- 2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars together in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
3. Add baking soda and salt; mix well.
4. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined.
5. Mix in flour.
6. Stir in pretzels, popcorn, chips and nuts; mix until combined.
7. Scoop batter on to silicon or parchment lined baking sheets.
8. Flatten scoops of batter with wet, clean fingers. Batter will not spread out during baking so it is important to faltten them prior to cooking.
9. Bake for 12 minutes; makes 38 cookies.
Thanks, Sun Sentinel
Featured in: Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods